View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tre Lawrence

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Re: Closest to Blackberry Traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscrivo View Post
As I said, being in Toronto might have something to do with it, it might be better in other areas, but I can give you a specific example. If I ask google nav for a different route, it will only choose between the two major highways on my commute, one of which makes no sense at all to take because its so far. Whereas BB Traffic would find me really good routes with all kinds of sideroads. When traffic was really heavy on the main highway, the sideroads it suggested were a godsend. Google Nav and Waze have not ever suggested these roads on my commutes in the past 3 weeks of testing.

I know it seems hard to believe, that an old BB app could be better than anything you could find on Android or iOS, but in this case it was really true, and unless you had experience using it yourself, you probably won't believe me. Tre, I will try your suggestions out though, hopefully I will find something suitable.

btw, those people wanting to sideload google maps on their BB 10 devices, its because BB Traffic is not available on BB10 yet.
To be fair, I did hear good things about the beta.