March 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Join Date: May 2011
Device(s): HTC Magic, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note, Nexus 4, Nexus 7,
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 125 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by phredog
I agree, but you forgot big items:
1. Random freeze ups (power cycle to recover). I could not even count on the alarm clock to wake me.
2. Voice talk - well what can I say, it was a throwback to the 80's. We had to wait on ICS to be able to disable it. Under Honeycomb you just had to live with it popping up.
3. Looses marbles and will not communicate with the network unless power cycled almost daily. Tried four different carriers.
4. The stylus detects a tap 3 cm above the glass. Useless.
5. Do movies work? I have no idea? Some movies play for a few seconds, then say "cannot retrieve license", then expire in 24 hours unwatched. Others just complain "Cannot play on rooted device". Hello, my phone is NOT rooted.
6. Speaking of rooting. None of the techniques on youtube work.
7. About 1 in every 5 apps an the Android market hang.
8. I bought mine in Germany. No customer support is available out of region.
9. Cannot play music though bluetooth headset.
Most of my friends who bought the GN1 bought an iPhone. I still use mine as a reader, or for games. I picked it back up today because I noted JB was out. Did the bugs get fixed? That is what I am wondering about, and that is why I am back here.
I am not really an Apple person. I do not like the spirit of Steve Jobs controlling everything, but Steve got something right... Reliability.
I did try to like my Galaxy Note. I really did. I hated it, and so did everyone else I know who bought one.
You must have a defective note tbh. I've experienced none of the problems you've mentioned.
You probably have, but if you haven't tried a factory reset then you should give that a try.