View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
clockwork

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebeecham View Post
Hi mate...thanks for the reply. AndFTP worked well in terms of accessing the media, however I can only seem to download the files to my sdcard rather than stream them across the network?

Anything else you could suggest would be greatly appreciated
so i tried to find a program that would stream across the network and i have found something that might even stream when you are outside of the wifi... now i spent a few hours trying to get this thing to work properly, but as usual these companies always write mac apps to keep people quiet and dont really do a good job of it...

the app is called ORB
MyCast your digital media with Orb 2.0 remote pc access software

download from here a the bottom of the first post there are two links, click on the update one 3.1 its the only one that has worked slightly...

install and create an account then have it index the files you want to be able to access over the network... after that i dont know because it finished indexing and dint go any further and now it refuses to open... try it and see what happens, optionally for you and for anyone else interested in this functionality try using a windows computer as im sure the software for that has been written with much more care and consideration.

the orb mobile app is in the android market called "androrb - v0.3a"

good luck and tell me how it goes, and please can someone tell me if the windows app works cos i am quite interested in getting this to work one way or another, even if it means getting files to my windows laptop...
Blackberry Bold - Lost
HTC Prophet - Broken