View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
burgertime

Device(s): HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuper View Post
Amazon (UK) and Clove website state that HTC One has been delayed to Fri 29th March. So a 2 week delay basically.

Looks like the rumours of component shortages may have been true. Really disappointed this has happened. I refuse to believe HTC couldn't have foreseen this way in advance.

I was going to pre-order this but won't bother now. May as well wait to see what Samsung are going to announce on Thursday.
Well first this is for the UK market so more than likely it will not affect the US. I would imagine that they manufactured a set amount for the US or at least sourced the material out for the US in advance. That being said as someone who works around electronic manufacturing in China this happens all the time from even the most trusted vendors. My guess would be the materials probably relate back to Lithium Ion...just a hunch though. If so then there really is no way to foresee it way in advance as demand for it is growing every day. If HTC is doing business the correct way they wouldn't have inside knowledge on a bigger release coming. If most didn't know basically all the major technology manufactures use the same three sources in China for lithium ion...or so I've heard anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to burgertime For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (March 12th, 2013)