View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:41 AM   #102 (permalink)
CafeKampuchia

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500, Google Nexus 7 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanked 1,116 Times in 557 Posts

After reading the reviews this afternoon while you all slept, I've decided that this is not the One for me. Initially I fell in love with the aluminum finish, screen and the front facing dual speakers (despite the fact that "Boomsound" sounds like something inter-city teenagers would have come up with back in the early 90s). I also like the look of Sense 5.

But the device is clearly not optimized for me. HTC is marketing to the social media crowd, especially with the camera and Blinkfeed. I take more pictures outdoors, not in dark pubs, so I'd rather have 8-13 megapixels of crisp detail that's not over-sharpened and over-compressed. And I really dislike HTC's arrogance in not letting us turn BF off all together. It's useless to a lot of folks which is quite evident from the reviews and comments. I may have been willing to live with the camera and pushing BF off to the side, but the last two nails in the coffin were the reportedly poor battery life and non-expandable memory.

To bad, because I really want HTC to succeed and I wanted to like this phone. It's an awesome device. It's just not made for me.

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; March 14th, 2013 at 05:44 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 14th, 2013)