View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #1999 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Yes LG was on top. But wouldn't it also depend upon who wanted to advertise first? Or is it just done by bids?
Location, size, type, bid...many factors. In this case, I'd say LG paid more, since it's in Time Square.

Funny thing is, I don't know if it was the greatest strategy. The billboard looks way too similar to the official S4 billboards, so people might just look at the big number 4 and wonder why the heck there are 4 different ads promoting the same product...so, it might have the counter effect of driving people to wait for the S4.

If I were LG, especially considering they'll be updating the Optimus G later in the year, I would've asked all of the US providers to do a limited time price drop and instead of the tagline, "LG Optimus G is here 4 you now", I would have doubled it up:

"LG Optimus G is here 4 you 4 Free NOW"

That might have drawn some people to swoop up some Optimus G's instead of waiting for the S4 in a month.