View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #2016 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Let's see if it's just me -

HTC released versions of the One last year and everyone screamed bloody murder that they were doing it wrong.

Samsung has more variations of the Galaxy S3, including different names and just as many as HTC, and people actually believe that they're doing it right because "Samsung only makes one model of the 3!" I repeat, people actually believe that.

Now - the Motorola X is CLEARLY going to be several actual models, but they're not even going try to hide that the emperor has no clothes. They'll simply claim that they can call several different models by the exact same name, tell people that's called a la carte, and already the blogosphere is buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Isn't that about right?

Gosh I'm glad that HTC is finally building one model like everyone else.

Too bad it's not a la carte like the incredible Motorola X.

You can't make up what this industry gets away with in broad daylight.
Difference between the variations of the S3 vs. the variations of the One (last year) is that the high end models of the S3 were all physicially the same. The high-end variations of the One last year, were not.

The variations of the S3 that were released were all mid-range w/ lesser specs and were not necessarily available to the countries that would garner the most sales of the higher end models. I don't know any variations of the S3 that had at least the same specs, if not better. That wasn't the case with the HTC One. Arguments can be made that there were certain aspects of the HTC LTEvo that were much better than the originally announced One, but LTEvo was a variant of the One. Then, there was the One X w/ higher specs.