View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 57,187 Times in 22,979 Posts

Actually, they don't necessarily. Tap the show buttons to see the graphs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I get 8 hours of screen on time via wifi streaming media and web surfing on my LTEvo (the Sprint HTC One X), without babysitting radios or anything else. I average 16 hours per charge and I certainly use it plenty hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdubl View Post
8 hour screen on time on a standard battery? I'm calling bs on that. Let's see a screen shot.
Quote:
I've actually posted several samples, here's one -

Quote:
I get good 3G service and keep NFC off, don't use it myself. When I travel to places with fringe cell reception, it drops faster, and I think that is one of the biggest variables for anyone, regardless of brand.

Anyway, I think that I also mentioned an average of 16 hours, so, here's that, along with about 4 hours of use, screen on, 42% battery.

I obviously have no clue what will happen with the new quadcores but expect either brand to deliver in the battery department.

If you notice the icon change, this shot was on the stock rom, the above was Viper4G.

If you go back and check the battery tests, they have a big weakness -

They test all phones at max brightness while streaming video as their endurance test.

A modern HTC at full brightness is far, far brighter than other phones and cranked to max, uses more power.

I'm sure you'd find more reasonable results cranking the other phones to max brightness, get a light meter, and then just turn up the HTC to only that.