View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Scootmien
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 - Stock ::::: iPhone 5 - Jailbroken :::::HTC One - Stock ::::: Samsung S2 - Rooted
Carrier: Vodafone / Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
That's very good life for an iPhone. I probably know several people who have the same question as was asked of me - how did you do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfedude88 View Post
With that said, some of the screen are it has incredibly small screen compared to android phones, no widgets, and a lower resolution as well.
I think it's a combination of what Wolfdude88 says and just incredibly good battery management by the OS. Going by the iMore.com iPhone 5 battery thread, i'm not alone with that either. A lot of people have posted pictures of similar battery life. To echo and agree your point even further, my Samsung Galaxy S2 has a superb battery life too, whereas the S3 I had was so poor if I took it off charge at 7am it would be completely dead by 6pm with NO use at all, just switched on and on wifi! So all Android phones are different, including across the same model.

I bought the S3 on day one and i'm never doing that again with any phone. It seems the first round of phones are the ones more likely to be plagued with issues which get ironed out on subsequent manufacturing runs.

You're right though in that we just need to leave it a few weeks to see how battery life pans out on the phone. I'm very interested to see how the HTC One does up against the S4 so I shall be all over these sort of battery threads. My working day could easily see me away from any kind of charging point for upwards of 20 hours at a time, sometimes more.
Last edited by Scootmien; March 16th, 2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: clarification of misleading sentence
The Following User Says Thank You to Scootmien For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 16th, 2013)