View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluttersnipe View Post
Thanks for the review! Ive never heard of this company before and Im a little confused at what to order though...

Whats the difference between the SURFACE and ACTIVE cases? Theyre both the same price.

You got the value pack that comes with the holster and dual layer case right? Which product do I order if I just toughest case minus the holster?
I know it gets confusing with so many options. The value pack I got includes a bonus holster when you want to use SURFACE by itself with a holster.

Here is how the whole thing works:

In the heart of it you have SURFACE case which is a slim protective case with a kickstand. It's made of a hard plastic rubberized shell, and will offer a decent protection in everyday basic use, but it's not too rugged. Then you add another silicone protection layer (shock absorption with a side grips) and exoskeleton hard plastic layer with corner protection to make it into CONVERT. All that goes into holster, if you want to carry your case/phone on a belt (and this holster is top notch!!!). ACTIVE case by itself is made up of inner silicone shock absorption layer and another exoskeleton layer on top. ACTIVE is a little more rugged than SURFACE without bulk of CONVERT. But in my opinion CONVERT offers the best of both worlds since you can start with SURFACE and if you need extra rugged protection on your outdoor trip or work outside - you add CONVERT layer which in principle like ACTIVE layer on top of SURFACE layer.

I hope I didn't confuse you even more. Perhaps, CONVERT combo (not a value kit) is what you're looking for?

Also, I don't want you guys to think I'm pushing the product since I'm no associated or work for this company lol!!! I'm just trying to be fair in all my reviews and dedicate every review thread to analyzing one specific product without comparison to others. In my signature below you can follow a link to a complete list of all the reviews for other Note 2 cases. I try to be as informative and detailed (with my pictures) as possible, while you have to decide at the end what fits your expectations and budget the best I also suggest people to use Amazon for purchases because they have the best hassle free return if you are trying to decide between a few cases and need to return one back.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
fluttersnipe (March 17th, 2013)