View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #115 (permalink)
sean76

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Default My list of things that I expect from the HTC one! Whats yours?

Well with the HTC one looming on at&t, and me being very excited to pick one up, here's my laundry list of things I would expect it to do well...Hopefully

Stand up to use- Yes we have all heard about the fantastic build quality of the one and it's aluminum body. However I will leave my final verdict up to myself after some use. What I expect is the phone to just handle some minor wear and tear while being housed in a TPU case. My iphone 5 scratches if you breath on it wrong, and the chamfered edges scratch extremely easy, hopefully HTC's one will do better.

Battery use- I'm always near power wherever I am, but I must admit it's very annoying to hear that beeping sound that your phone is almost dead only 5 or so hours into a charge...Especially with light use, ugh drives me nuts. Hopefully HTC has worked some magic with the one and I can get 12-15hrs on a single charge.

Useful camera- Yup I happen to actually use the camera on my phone, and I'm looking forward to actually taking some nice clear crisp shots with my one. I'm not looking to be able to to blow pics up to a poster size image and put them above my fireplace. But I would like to be able to take some nice shots without any camera UI lag and be able to view them on my phone and have them look clear and crisp.

UI lag be a thing of the past- I do not root my phones, or use launchers either, I'm a stock guy and like to pretty much use my phone how it comes out of the box. I must admit I was a little worried about using sense again. However after watching some reviews and seeing blink feed in action, I'm pretty excited and looking forward to using sense again and taking advantage of some of the neat tricks it brings to android. But one thing that does worry me is UI lag, and the fear of HTC's sense overlay slowing the phone down. Hopefully those 2GB of ram and the processor will work well and lag will not rear it's ugly face.

Loud and clear call quality- Something that irritates me is when PHONE manufacturers forget that these devices are in fact PHONES and have to endure the task of making phone calls. It's extremely annoying to have an awesome looking device that has really low call volume, or is just cursed with not having good call quality. Hopefully this won't be an issue with the one.

And lastly, but certainly not least...A good radio inside this beauty! Dropping data and a call signal in areas that have a strong signal is something I will not tollerate. My Galaxy nexus was just terrible, and I would just cringe watching that signal bounce all over the place, up and down, up and down...All while someone with the same carrier but a different phone would have full bars of LTE...Hopefully there's strong radios inside the one and it hold's onto those at&t LTE signals.

Well folks thats my wish list...Feel free to add and make your own list of what you'd expect from HTC's newest flagship!
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
Scootmien (March 18th, 2013)