View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #120 (permalink)
Rxpert83
Dr. Feelgood

Device(s): Nexus 7, Nexus 5
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 11,804 Times in 6,801 Posts
Default Re: No SD card + No removable battery = Deal breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepero View Post
Seriously, this sucks. For a brief moment I thought I might get this phone over the Galaxy Note 2. The HTC One has a good size screen, great camera, awesome audio, but no micro sd slot? No removable battery? What a way to ruin great potential.

This whole post is just a bit of vented frustration, so forgive me. I really hate the no sd, no removable battery design. It is basically saying, "yeah, we made this phone to be used about a couple years and then thrown in the landfill (ya know, next to the ifruit devices)".

I feel the same way about the Google Nexus. What a horrible waste, especially for a versatile system like Android. Android has so many recyclable non-phone uses- uses that no other phone OS can match, it's crazy to think that someone would ever throw one of these away. Though, with something like the HTC One, it's like you have no choice. It's a real shame.

I have no resentment toward everyone who buys the HTC One, it's definitely great in many ways, but I encourage all the people I know personally to avoid it. If you've already bought an HTC One, maybe you could let HTC know what you think about it. That you're not happy it lacks upgradeable storage through sd, and lacks replaceable battery.

Maybe with some luck, someone will make a mesh up of the HTC One and Note 2 some time in the future. Now I would be more than happy to jump on board with a phone like that.
Just because you can't pop the back off doesn't mean you can't replace the battery when/if it goes bad.

I know the evo 4g lte was just a few screws to get to the battery compartment