View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #2040 (permalink)
drexappeal
AF Addict

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,841 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Same here. The Photon was very well made and I loved it, but when they did the replacement they really upset me. Much like Lenovo did when they replaced the Thinkpad Tablet. (At least Moto kept the phone and Android one, unlike Lenovo thta switched the Thinkpad to be a Windows tablet) Totally unforgivable. Never again with lenovo and to some extent Moto. But I would give them a chance if they offer something to my liking.

TS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I absolutely loved my Photon right up to the day I gave it away. Moto as a company left a bitter taste in my mouth. Too many words not enough action. When they gave Photon owners their middle finger I knew then I'd never buy another one of their phones.
The Photon was too new to be getting the “we can't be bothered with it" treatment.
I loved the Photon too, up until Motorola's press release regarding discontinued support. Up until a week before purchasing the Note 2, I was still on the fence on whether I would get the Buy Back price I had on the Photon or just keep it as a backup phone. Nontheless, I wasn't that disappointed in Motorola because from a business perspective, I was hoping that they were just taking a few steps back to start jumping forward. Plus, I knew that there wouldn't be an immediate impact from Google, once the purchase was finalized.

I'm just glad I have to wait until 2014 (unless I decide to purchase off contract).