View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #160 (permalink)
sean76
On Probation

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
It is a known thing that Camera Components are causing a hold up. HTC is no longer a tier One manufacturer to their suppliers because of canceled orders or lower expectations so they fall to a second or third position when it comes to having their parts orders fulfilled. I don't think HTC is necessarily being hush hush on purpose. I think they really just don't know when they will have all the kinks worked out so to speak. For me there is really no difference between getting the phone in April or May because I am getting it no matter what but am completely happy with my LTEvo in the meantime. This delay really does hurt HTC though because they are losing a ton of people who are on the fence between the One and the SG4. I will gladly wait till May for a premium product.

Yea I was reading earlier today about the parts manufacturers not holding HTC in as high standards as in the past. Interesting to say the least. I mean didn't they think about these obstacles before going with an ultra pixel camera and not a traditional mega pixel camera?

I agree on the wait time frame, and it not being a good thing for HTC. As for me though, even though I'd like to run out and buy it right now, I honestly have all the time in the world, my nexus 4 is prepaid through T-mo and I have an upgrade for at&t just chillin waiting to get used...But I would of course rather have it sooner then later : )
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
toad6386 (March 19th, 2013)