View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #127 (permalink)
burgertime

Device(s): HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
If you have a strong data signal most of a typical day,you'll probably have little to nothing to worry about.

NOTHING sucks the life out of a phone quicker than a weak signal.I've found this to be true,as certain as the sun will rise tomorrow.Until I finally bit the bullet & got an ISP @ home,other than my cellular service,nothing taxed my battery more,not even close.

There isn't a phone out there that will survive on a single charge for a full day if it is constantly looking for a signal,or,dropping/connecting constantly.

If LTE is your concern,I'd sit back & wait for some user experiences from our members here (who have LTE) to start rolling in before taking the plunge,but,I'm speculating that the battery won't take a huge hit from using LTE.

I think I can speak for some members here in that we wish we had that (LTE) to worry about.
I have LTE on Sprint here in Charlotte with pretty good coverage using the Evo LTE. Granted I haven't spent an entire day in LTE coverage but I have gone in and out for hours at a time during the day. The battery life change is noticeable but I didn't find it to be too bad. If you are using it heavily it will drain the battery quick but just normal every day usage seemed to not have a huge impact on the battery.