View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2013, 04:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Howlingdakota
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
Any current owners notice how sensitive the ONE is to scratches? I can't wait to dump my iphone 4s and get this once it hits the US. I DO NOT want a case on it, so I'm hoping it's pretty scratch-proof for normal wear and tear.
I've had mine for a week now and while I received the flip cover with the handset I've never used it. Mostly because it's just such a nice phone and I don't want to hide it such a beautiful device. In saying that I have ordered a transparent TPU cover from Amazon because I do tend to drop phones or have them slip out of my pockets.

But for the moment mine has been on tables wooden and steel (though it wasn't dragged across the surfaces because lets face it, who does that ), dropped once but only from the arm rest of the sofa onto carpet then rolled onto the tiled floor underneath. After the brief heart attack following that drop I checked it over and nothing wrong or any marks. The one thing I was worried about on the back of the phone was the camera lens getting scratches as most of my other HTC phones have experienced as they tend to design them with the camera jutting out from the rest of the body so the camera is always the first thing to come into contact with the surface.

With the One, the camera is EVER so slightly recessed and this may help to prevent light surface scratches. However, being so slight it may even prove to be no different. Time will tell but for the moment I definitely think you can put your mind at ease and not worry about scratches on this phone providing you don't use it as a skateboard
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howlingdakota For This Useful Post:
mpanju (April 6th, 2013), toad6386 (March 22nd, 2013)