View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fuzzy13

Device(s): Nexus 5. (White 16GB)
Carrier: $60 AT&T pre paid pushing 50-60mbps

Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post
^^ CORRECT

^^ CORRECT #2

You cannot compare both handsets unless you a. Got both next to each other, doing the exact same thing and comparing its performance and b. Both having the same OS - which is not the case.

You can not compare Apples with Oranges. Both are different systems with different OS' - granted - it is both Android, but one is "plain" - the other "blown up" ...

It's like comparing CentOS with Gnome to Ubuntu with Unity - you will get complete different results.

The only way to see if RAM makes a difference really is using the EXACT same handset (same CPU / same OS) where only the amount of RAM is different ...

So yea - marketing really ..

"But if you hold 2GB of Ram of a US S3 variant next to 1GB of Ram of a US S3 variant, both running the same ROM and apps, you will notice a difference even if the same amount is "being wasted". (Yes I know the RAM wouldn't be the same and blah blah blah)

Better? lol. Point is still the same.

Read my reply above. Once again I go by how the phone reacts and responds to real world usage. As an engineer in the real world and a very amatuer app developer in the fun world, that's something I've learned to go by. That's all I'll go into on your response as it's gotten way out of proportion.
Last edited by Fuzzy13; March 26th, 2013 at 02:22 PM.