View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
twister6

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Default Review of Seidio ACTIVE w/Multi-Purpose Cover - lots of pics!!!

This is a review of Seidio ACTIVE Case with Multi-Purpose Cover for Nexus 7 - SEIDIO | ACTIVE Case for Google Nexus 7

I've been a huge fan of Seidio products, and have tested and reviewed most of their Note 2 cases. Their product always stands apart because of the high quality of material, perfect fitment, piece of mind you get knowing your gadget is protected, and... signature lint magnet of silicone shell So being familiar with their line of phone cases, I was curious how will it carry over to my Nexus 7 tablet. No surprise here - this case is Top Notch and Multi-Purpose Cover takes it to another level!!!

Let's first start with a case itself. This is a signature dual layer ACTIVE design with shock absorbent inner silicone shell and outer skeleton made out of high impact polymer that provides additional corner and side protection. The inner shell by itself has a very nice tight fit with a wrap around reinforced bumper which is surprisingly wide enough and will nicely cover the edges of screen protector (if you have one). It also has rugged side grips that will be exposed even after external skeleton shell is attached. All the port cutouts are precise and aligned perfectly. Power and Volume up/down buttons are covered, easy to press, and have perfect tactile feedback. The fitting of inner and outer shelves is like a glove. Outer shell has a very smooth rubbery finish - a signature Seidio coating. The tablet with a case feels very solid in your hand, great grip and absolutely non-slippery. Also, relatively lightweight.

So, if we are talking about Sedio case, where is the signature magnetic kickstand? This function is brilliantly implemented as part of Multi-Purpose Cover. For anybody considering getting ACTIVE case without it, do yourself a favor and get this cover, its a MUST have!!! First of all it serves as a cover for the top of the case. Very nice tight fitting cover to protect your screen. It latches on securely, thanks to 4 dimples (one on each corner) and 4 bumps (matching on inner corners of the cover) that interconnect together. No need to worry about cover scratching your screen since inner stand part has a felt lining. Once you remove the cover, you can attach it to the back of the case, through the same interconnected dimple/bump - another great idea so you don't loose your cover when its open. And to top it all - the inner part of the cover lifts up to turn into kickstand with 10 adjustable angles. In a kickstand position you can place your tablet in either portrait or landscape - very sturdy and secure. The cover itself on outside has 2 rubbery non-slip pads that will grip to any surface, thus protecting your case/stand from sliding.

Honestly, I can't even think of one negative, except for lint magnet which as I mentioned before became a signature thing with Seidio lol!!! Its a very versatile case which gives your Nexus 7 tablet a great rugged protection for indoors and outdoors. Definitely a must have!!!

Now, here comes the pictures.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
El Presidente (March 26th, 2013), MISS DIVA (June 4th, 2013), sparksd (March 29th, 2013), van692 (March 28th, 2013)