View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
paddylaz

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Currently playing with my just-arrived One in Silver

For anyone who is interested, and against all my predictions, Blinkfeed is excellent.

I'm coming from a gs3 running on Apex Launcher. This is the first android phone I both love, and more importantly have no intention of putting a launcher onto.

For the very first time (excluding nexus 4 which I havent used but have heard this is the case) all transitions etc are consistent and the whole UI has a (sorry if this is a dirty word around here) 'iOS' level of fluidity.

What I've done is delete all my android screens so now all I see is blink feed and I do app navigation through the app browser. Sounds a bit geeky but the blinkfeed news story pictures are beautifully rendered and remind me of an ultra-sharp flipboard surgically ingratiated into your main home screen.

Still in the honeymoon period right now but absolutely loving it. Apex was awesome but at the back of my mind I always hated the 'messiness' of having touchwiz running in the background and kinda sweeping it under the carpet with apex just so I can have a decent ui. Not to mention having to faff around with two sets of settings instead of one. Until now had always had a love/hate thing with android - as far as I was concerned if you have to add a launcher the product is a fail.

Sense 5 is beautiful - have been rinsing the battery already just because I keep bringing it out to play with. Best phone I've used. And the second most beautiful (sorry but Nokia n9 is still at the top).

Hope this helps with someone considering a purchase.
Last edited by paddylaz; March 27th, 2013 at 08:52 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to paddylaz For This Useful Post:
BillyODU (March 28th, 2013), EarlyMon (March 27th, 2013), emf1138 (March 27th, 2013), ItsAboutTime (March 31st, 2013), KOLIO (March 29th, 2013), marctronixx (March 27th, 2013), mpanju (April 6th, 2013), rion_j (April 5th, 2013), toad6386 (March 27th, 2013)