View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigmd99 View Post
I know that i am in the minority with this...but that protector does not look good on the phone. I am sure that it is of good quality, but the 4 corners of the screen looks like crap...the glass seems too thick. It does not "disappear" like what you get with high quality plastic protectors. For me, a protector must be invisible AND protective.

I am not using a protector on my N2...first time i am going naked. But, i rather get PET protector than this glass product...simply from aesthetic point of view.

Thanks Twist for the review...always informative!
You are not in minority. Its a valid comment. When it comes to Note 2, I think case is a must have accessory, while screen protector IMHO is a need to have accessory. Fortunately, there are different options and price ranges for each. Tempered glass is NOT for everybody. You know I'm not trying to sell it in the forum I just had a great opportunity to review it and to give you my honest opinion about it. It is a very pricey accessory and I know some might argue about cheaper alternatives (glass ones). I haven't tested any other tempered glass options, so can't comment from a first hand experience. But I do know is that I read A LOT of on-line comments with complains about non-sticking edges and bubbles that don't go away with other glass screen protectors. If you decide to go with this "luxury" option of screen protection, just do your homework. Hopefully I provided enough review material to answer all the questions about this particular product.

Regarding your comments about VITREO itself. I tried to zoom and focus as best as I can with pictures, so obviously glass part look gigantic but put it in perspective with proportion of the phone. It looks worse in a zoomed in picture than it actually is and step transition is very smooth. Now that I think more about it, I actually realized that having width of the glass itself almost exactly as the width of visible display lcd part - is to it's advantage. It would look really weird if the edge would end in the middle of white bezel part of the screen where you will see the edge. Having glass edge right at the border of white bezel and black LCD part is very clean. I don't think tempered glass is a novelty accessory, but like I mentioned before - its NOT for everybody. So if you decide to go with, I think this glass offers a better design, quality, and installation than others.

Btw, thanks to everybody for positive feedback about my reviews. It does take a chunk of my time to put together, but at the end I'm happy I can help others even if you just enjoyed looking at the pictures

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
DonB (May 2nd, 2013), NeoGrandizer (March 30th, 2013), PiscesCloud (April 24th, 2013), TheOtherBill (March 31st, 2013), tigmd99 (March 30th, 2013)