View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Howlingdakota
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

So now after 2 weeks of having the One and loving everyday of it, the worst has happened...

My external speakers have developed a slight 'popping' sound during video playback from both my recorded videos as well as downloaded or streamed videos. However, this wasn't what was going to make me return the device.
Instead 2 days ago what crippled it for me resulting in a return is the fact that the mics don't work during calls or video recording. So my video recordings are silent and people can't hear me during calls.

Something interesting though, people can hear me during calls but ONLY if I put the call on loudpseaker. Seems to me that the problem is not so much with the hardware mechanics of the mics but instead a software issue.

P4U (the retailer I got the handset from) has told they'll replace it straight away so I won't have to wait for a repair to be carried out or anything of the sort. Only thing is I have to wait until more stock becomes available.

Other than this, the phone has been outstanding and the battery concerns are well behind me now as over the last 2 weeks I have been using the phone very heavily, especially with photo and video recordings. Even after all this the battery still has at least 35% come 11pm.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Howlingdakota For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 30th, 2013), emf1138 (March 30th, 2013), Granite1 (April 18th, 2013), KOLIO (March 30th, 2013), mpanju (April 6th, 2013)