View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2013, 05:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Howlingdakota
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriedy View Post
My biggest concern is with the capacitive buttons. I had the original Evo and it was a pain while trying to watch a movie (netflix) or play a game in landscape because of the accidental pressing of the capacitive buttons. It was also annoying when they would be illuminated while trying to watch a movie or view a webpage.

Has anyone noticed these problems with the HTC1? I haven't gotten to see one in person so I was just curious.

Thanks!
While I do wish the capacitive buttons were removed and that they adopted the virtual buttons instead, I can't say I've had a problem accidentally pushing the buttons while watching videos in landscape. Of course I've accidentally hit them once in the beginning but generally I don't hold the phone on the bezel but instead on the edges as I just have a better grip.

The button lights do stay on during video playback though, so that might still annoy you.
I do really wish they added haptic feedback to the buttons as I find it would make it FAR easier and less frustrating in wondering if you did in fact push the button or not. Particularly in using the 'double- tap' home button to access running apps. Just something I'm hoping they will add in a future software update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Howlingdakota For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (March 31st, 2013)