View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 01:24 PM   #238 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
But without SD expansion it's important to provide enough, or else that one detail can exclude a phone for some customers.

The 32GB phone will give < 26 GB space available to the user. I'm currently using more than that on my SD card, and nandroids on this thing will be a lot larger. So I just don't want to have the hassle of managing storage and shuffling stuff between the phone and other devices (cloud storage and streaming don't interest me, and won't be available all of the time I'd want them). Hence for me the 64GB is what I require.

It's the benefit of giving people choices.
I wasn't implying that 32 GB was enough space for everybody but for the regular users it probably is. Here in the States we were not really given the benefit of a choice; For whatever reason, whether AT&T used their muscle to get an exclusive or the smaller carriers just didn't think they would sell the 64gb version or maybe HTC wanted a bigger order of 64GB units than they would commit to, our choices here are to get the 32GB version on T-Mobile or Sprint OR get the 32GB or 64GB on AT&T.