View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:34 PM   #155 (permalink)
golpe

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Hi tdodd,

well, my settings are and were exactly as you have them. So I understand, the system will continue to ask and I have to kill the request every time it comes along. At the moment I still have a Notification "Software Update, Set up software update" but I haven't touched it.

When I look at the app manager listing all I see the following (which could have to do with it): FWUpgrade-Show notifications checked but hidden, data=0; INDIServiceManager 24kB; Package installer-show notif check but hid, data=0; Service mode as above, data=244kB; Software Update as above, data=244kB - I now cleared data; Software Update as above data=4kB - I now cleared data. The Notification now dissapeared.

All above had "Show notifications" checked but hidden. May I "Force-Stop" such apps and then uncheck "Show notifications"? It seems the checkmark (was unchecked) in About Service->Software update->Auto update has no effect since it updated from ICS to JB.

What is "Blocking mode"? It has a switch "Disable notifications". Comment: ...notifications for the selected features (which?) will be disabled...

What is a secure way to go back to ICS without loosing warranty? I asked the vendors here in Switzerland and they do-not-know what to do! They say I need to do Factory data reset. This will only put back apps - I assume they will not switched back to ICS - will they?

Many thanks! Regards golpe
Last edited by golpe; April 2nd, 2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: corrections, clarification