View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM   #90 (permalink)
toad6386

Device(s): HTC One, Stock (so far) HTC EVO 3D (semi-retired)
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootmien View Post
I'm posting this here too. I posted it in another thread as I was specifically asked a question but it is more relevant in this thread.

Honestly, for my uses, the camera on the One is absolutely fine in comparison to the iPhone. I've found a number of uses for the extra functionality and the low light is way better on the One than the iPhone. I can't really see much difference between the two to the naked eye. I'm pleased as Punch.

iPhone 5 picture using standard settings. No zoom, no alterations.

HTC One picture using standard settings as above. No zoom, no alterations.

In both pictures, the focus is on the waxy gold top of the bottle in the middle.
Trying to be as objective as possible, I would say the One's picture is better. I say that not only because the label of the foremost bottle and the gold top in the iPhone's pic seems washed, (that may be because it seems a tad closer). But look at the Jack Daniels bottle in the back (I was weened off Jack before I got married ). Tho not a focal point of either pic, the detail is clearer in the One's pic than the iPhone's. At least in this comparison, I would think the advantage goes to the One.
The Following User Says Thank You to toad6386 For This Useful Post:
kct1975 (May 5th, 2013)