View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2013, 04:14 AM   #94 (permalink)
Scootmien
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 - Stock ::::: iPhone 5 - Jailbroken :::::HTC One - Stock ::::: Samsung S2 - Rooted
Carrier: Vodafone / Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by toad6386 View Post
Trying to be as objective as possible, I would say the One's picture is better. I say that not only because the label of the foremost bottle and the gold top in the iPhone's pic seems washed, (that may be because it seems a tad closer). But look at the Jack Daniels bottle in the back (I was weened off Jack before I got married ). Tho not a focal point of either pic, the detail is clearer in the One's pic than the iPhone's. At least in this comparison, I would think the advantage goes to the One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
The iPhone has a great reputation for its camera.

Every situation and picture will vary but -

I think that you just got your question answered, in large part if not completely, about the suitability of the One camera and you just identified the one with fewer megapixels as having better detail. On a close-up.

Megapixels. Myth.

Color and contrast. Fact.
Yep, this is what clinched it for me. The iPhone camera is great, sure, but the One camera edges it out for the type of use I will be putting it through. I think the picture from the iPhone might be a tad closer but it didn't really change that the Balvenie bottle stayed washed out at any short distance on the screen of the iPhone as I took the picture.

I'm more than happy to take a couple more comparison shots of something else if it would assist though?
The Following User Says Thank You to Scootmien For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 3rd, 2013)