View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Levi0187

Device(s): LG Motion 4G MS770 (Wifes), Samsung Admire SCH-R720
Carrier: MetroPCS

Default Thanks! :D !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillejoe View Post
Not sure if you have figured this out. Save the unzipped o4xr file to your home/user file. Open terminal, type ls hit enter, and see if it shows up on the list of your main directory.

Once you see the file, type this as follows;

cd o4xr
sed -i 's/\s*$//' root-linux.sh
chmod 755 root-linux.sh
sudo ./root-linux.sh
[sudo] password for user: enter password
Don't touch the device or unplug while rooting!

After that let it run, and let your phone reboot, and you should be rooted.

Here is a good tutorial for using terminal.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal
I just wanted to throw a big thanks out there for your simplification on this. Don't get me wrong, I understand the original, but for people I've noticed having issues on here, this is a way for even the least experienced users to grasp. I hope you don't mind if I add to yours though as the original site had a conflicting issue.

Download and run the apk on your phone with the usb disconnected. While the apk is running, (It will say on a white screen "Hello world") meaning do not exit out from the "hello world" screen!! hold down your power button and choose restart your phone and after your phone reboots, plug in usb and choose charge only and then type the commands listed above into terminal and once rebooted, you're rooted!!

Also a note!~ Ubuntu doesn't need to mount or recognize this device in your home folders as it did not mine. Just follow the steps and the terminal will see it and do it's thing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Levi0187 For This Useful Post:
jvillejoe (May 30th, 2013), Scorpion7867 (May 25th, 2013), Sepero (April 4th, 2013)