View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #93 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 54,823 Times in 21,863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmoi451 View Post
Hi everyone, expecting my HTC one this week I use my current galaxy all the time as a sat nav in the van. I really like the look of the car dock and the feature to turn on car mode when the phone is connected. However as I'm in the building trade I need to use a case and this means taking it off every time I get in the van. I read you can get a cable which activates the car mode when it's plugged in ? Therefore I could use my old holder and keep the case on ? Anyone know about this ? Also when it switches on car mode does it turn on Bluetooth as I use a parrot hands free ? Would this be the best solution .
Thanks
Little known fun fact - in the HTC Car application, tapping the connection icons at the bottom brings up settings for those.

Auto-connecting to known Bluetooth devices is one of the options.

If you have any trouble with compatibility with cables or holders that work for you, consider putting an NFC tag in your vehicle. Program it (not difficult) to switch you to car mode.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)

For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
Last edited by EarlyMon; April 8th, 2013 at 03:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 8th, 2013)