View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #298 (permalink)
rivera02

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 7, Droid DNA
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
I'm interested to see how hard FB push the marketing for this. Unless they do I think the media attention is already ended, and the "Facebook phone" story has already been told.

But if your belief that the FB launcher makes this phone a threat to the One is correct, that would make it a threat to all new phones (and HTC would at least benefit from making the First).

Personally I don't buy it. My prediction is that the S4 will get far more attention than the First, and the S4 is a direct competitor.
Absolutely. HTC has said that the One will be their flagship for 2013, so to say that they have a lot riding on this release would be a gross understatement. While they may not be able to keep up with the marketing budget for the s4, they will be going all out on advertising the One when it becomes available (they might have to hold off for a while due to supply shortages.)

I think HTC knows that the First is a niche product, since unless you're one of those people that checks Facebook fifty times a day why would you consider getting a mid range phone that is overrun with status updates and pictures of people's cats.