Thread: General Post your photos!
View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Oridus

Device(s): at&t LG G3, at&t iPhone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
From looking at the array of photos we have from forum members I'd say the one takes decent shots! Not great, and not terrible, but decent. Which honestly is a little disappointing to say the least. But I'll save my final judgement to when I've actually snapped a few pics myself. I'm a firm believer that it also matters who's taking the pics, and it's sometimes the photographer that makes the difference from time to time.

I will say the above pic of the Breitling is very good compared to some of the others.
I've come to still expect this from phones, simply due to sensor and lens sizing. I'm known to shrug cell phone cameras off as long as they take semi decent pics anyway because my wife and I do photography as a hobby, so anything that is worth photographing, we take a Canon 5D MKIII around to shoot with... but in a pinch a cell should do a decent job. It seems to me that the phone, just like all the others i've used, really struggles even in moderate lighting, and to get anything worth while the light has to be spilling in (Again, lending back to the sensor/lens).

My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oridus For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 12th, 2013)