View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #529 (permalink)
zuben el genub

Device(s): Oppo Find 7 Nexus 4, Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

HP printers are a PITA. I had one I kicked out the door, another Photosmart 7560 that I'm looking to get rid of. They want to call home and do everything their way. The old scanners did that, too.

I got an Epson 300, found the fix for it online, installed it and both simple scan and Xane recognize the scanner. Nothing had trouble with the Canon i6000. I had to dork around to get the HP laserjet to work, I'd had an older TOL Epson from the 90s. Ubuntu had no problem with it. It wore out last year.

On the old typewriters, there were differences by the ways the keys hit. Some letters and numbers were a tad off. Once the Selectric came out, that made all typing pretty uniform. You'd have to check a ball rather than the typewriter itself.

BTW, while it works, I don't think Linux is too crazy about my old IBM clicker keyboard.
Don't ask me to use a Windows key, I ain't got one. The clicker is the only keyboard that could withstand the heavyfisted kid. I had one with the F keys down the side, it was old when she got it, and it held her for 10 years.