View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #92 (permalink)
TheAtheistReverend
Anybody want a peanut?

Device(s): 1+1,SG4, DNA, N7
Carrier: Depends on the breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottonj View Post
This is great information . I am new to android and sealed batteries. What happens when the battery wears down and no longer takes a charge? I have read that the iPhone battery which is non removable can be replaced by the user fairly easily. Will it be the same for the One or does the phone need to be brought in for service? Thanks in advance
Unless you severely abuse your battery, or you get a defective one, you will not need to replace it. With battery tech today, these batteries are outlasting the phones, especially if not abused.
My wife's OG Droid is still running it's OG battery quite well. While I'm sure it doesn't get quite the same life it did when it was new, it is still quite good for its age.
All this being said, you would likely need to send it in or have a pro do the replacing if it did get to that point. The One will be a tough nut to crack without actually doing damage. Just look at the tight design and aluminum build.

Check this article/website out to learn more about the batteries we use.

Get your own DropBox HERE! Get Copy too!
Last edited by TheAtheistReverend; April 12th, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheAtheistReverend For This Useful Post:
BillyODU (April 20th, 2013), rottonj (April 12th, 2013), sikclown (April 12th, 2013)