View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonetwo View Post
I love the idea of this case, also the Verus Two Way case. Any thoughts on the Verus? It has an integrated stand, but the Spigen has a sleeker design.

If they came out with a similar case where the inner snap-out case provided corner protection, I would be all over it. It seems like a great idea to have your phone detached from your wallet when you're at home or work, when you go for a run or bike ride, in a car mount, etc. - but still snap them together quickly and head out the door for your commute or to run errands. I hope this idea catches on and others improve on it. The Spigen case is beautiful, but the lack of drop protection is a dealbreaker.
Just to point out, its a lack of drop protection with an inner ultra-thin case, not when its inside of Wallet case. You get a nice padding and protection when it's put together, although some might argue that in extreme case it can drop and flip open since there is no strap/buckle to hold it together. But at the same time, that's what makes this case very slim without any buckles and easy to slide in/out of your pocket and also eliminates any magnetic closures which could interfere with s-pen/screen.

In my personal opinion, ultra-thin case is better suited for indoor use, while outside I would keep it in a wallet which is the whole idea of combining case and wallet together when you are on a go. I also think the wallet could have benefited from another outer pocket with a clear plastic cover to house driver license.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
ScandaLeX (April 21st, 2013)