Hi guys, just had the phone for a week having upgraded on UK TMobile from an HTC Sensation to HTC One. Others appear to have done some good in-depth stuff, so I'll be brief:
- Beautiful phone, excellent screen, very responsive and top-end build quality.
- Blinkfeed - some discussion on this but have found it to be a nice touch.
- Camera - really nice feature, just getting used to it but produces some decent results. Zoe is not just a gimmick.
- Beats Audio - excellent sound quality for a phone with decent bass. Best served via N7 Media player... Headphones are also decent.
- Personal assistant - tried Speaktoit - Your Personal Assistant Personal Assistant app, seems to work well with HTC One interface.
- Battery life - not great, just about lasts 1 day but appears to be improving (will have to stop playing with it with all data/wifi etc on). Might try turning auto brightness back on, removing live wallpaper and perhaps installing JuiceDefender again...
- Aluminium speaker cover is slightly scuffed already despite being in the official case (leather stand wrap-around one)
- Messaging app was annoying with grey speech bubbles (your replies) in conversations, switched to ChompSMS which is fully customisable
- NFC - beam functionality doesn't appear to be working (see my other thread on HTC One forum for more), this might not be enabled yet or may just be my phone...
Not made many calls with it yet, but appeared to be clear and loud enough (especially when compared to my HTC Sensation!).
In conclusion, if anyone is thinking of getting an HTC One and has any questions, please PM me...