View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
JohnJSal
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Yep, best to try several of the big names and stick with the one that suits you if you don't like touchwiz. It sounds like you may not be that familiar with android so I do have one tip you might not be aware of... You should always have an alternative launcher installed even if you don't wish to use it. If you only have one and that one gets an error you are dead. On the other hand if you have more than one the OS will automatically load another one as an alternative and you can be up an running again immediately till you sort out what went wrong with your primary launcher or at least back up your goodies before a reset. You can have any number of launchers installed and simply set your primary as default.
I've used Android for a few years, but I don't really get into the details of it. I've only had HTC phones, so all I've ever used is Sense. I like it, but then again I don't know what else I'm missing. I'm considering getting a GS4, and I'm not sure if I'm crazy about TouchWiz. I'll use it for a while, but it's nice to know I have options to change it all without having to root.