View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #539 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,466 Times in 890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuben el genub View Post
If you work in an office, you use what the office uses. Your boss makes the choice.
I was the boss. So I bought what I wanted!

Seriously, zuben, I've just never had any of the problems you're talking about. Not the gibberish printing, not the printheads wearing out, just none of it. Of course, I'm not doing the same things you're doing, or using the same software you're using.

Quote:
It's like Android/Apple. I don't like HP. I don't like their philosophy of marketing.
I have no idea what you're referring to--I never watch commercials (thank goodness for DVRs!) and I haven't seen any other type of ad from them. I buy HP not because of any advertising influence on me, but solely based on decades of personal experience.

Quote:
Until someone comes up with a design suite like Adobe for Linux, I'll use Photoshop and Illustrator, plus Indesign. The plugins for all have to be compatible. I can use all PS plugins in Illustrator.
I can't use Inkster in Gimp. I can't hook Digikam to Gimp like Camera Raw to Photoshop. There is no pure printing program that will give me the specs of Qimage. No one really saves to DNG. PNG is usable.
I don't know what some of those programs are, nor do I have any experience using their plugins with GIMP or anything else. Why do you want to hook digiKam to GIMP? The GIMP has its own raw image handler. I've never heard of DNG files, but the GIMP does PNG files just fine. I make all my designs [for my web sites' products] using the GIMP, saving them as transparent PNGs.