View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #541 (permalink)
9to5cynic

Device(s): Galaxy S3 (Verizon) Evo 4G - retired/rooted
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 1,189 Posts
Send a message via AIM to 9to5cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuben el genub View Post
I don't like the layout, the menus - Gimp just looks messy.
I really am not a fan of the layout in the gimp either, but that's because I used photoshop first. I hear there is a Gimpshop project, where they use the photoshop layout using GIMP. Ya might want to give that a go.
Quote:
Since it's my own setup and home, I can please myself. I like what I am using in Mint, but I'm not falling for the whole line of BS hook, line and sinker. That's exactly what Windows, Apple, Google, are trying to make you do. I'm a fanboy of what works the way I want it. I'd love to have a box that ran all OS so I could pick and choose what apps I want. Apple does have some interesting ones for a desktop. Chrome might have some. I also don't care if it's free - free might be all well and good for most people, but if it doesn't work for me, then free is no good. I've turned down crap I don't want or won (forum does random drawings, you don't enter) I hate hearing "IT'S FREE" Since I don't want it, I've left more for those who do, or the pigs that snag as much as possible because "IT'S FREE"

I'd have to keep an XP box anyway. There is no way that Linux runs any embroidery digitizing apps. I can design a quilt or wall hanging from my photos. I've digitized patches from photos or drawings. I have to convert them to vector anyway so the digitizing program will stitch right. Stitches use coordinates just like vector. And I'd have to keep windows software for converting whatever I want to digitize since that's what the digitizing programs use. I'm using Windows since it runs that software, and I want the software. I'm not running Windows for whatever it's normally advertised for.
I broke this into two quotes, but I don't really have a response to this part. :/