View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #542 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,535 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9to5cynic View Post
I really am not a fan of the layout in the gimp either, but that's because I used photoshop first. I hear there is a Gimpshop project, where they use the photoshop layout using GIMP. Ya might want to give that a go.
When I first started using the GIMP (for serious work), I did NOT like its interface at all. It was like...all over the place! Bits and pieces all over my screen, and I hated it. However, I've adjusted mine so that everything now opens where I want and is sized how I want. Its look now is more like a one-window app, rather than a messy multi-window, all over the place app.

BTW, I tried GIMP's single-window version when it was first available, and it had too many bugs. It was more hassle than it was worth. So I reverted back to an older, multi-window version, but like I said it LOOKS neat and single-window-ish now. I haven't bothered trying later revisions of the single-window version because I'm so used to mine now it really isn't an issue.