Thread: Support NFC/Android beam discussion
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral_blue View Post
Yeah, same as https://support.htc.com/en/005-HTC_One/0G0/040

The problem I had was that there was no sound/vibration or any other sign that they had connected. Tapping content to share did nothing... I have followed the above instructions correctly (I am a tech geek so I'd like to think I know what I am doing...?! I played around with both phones for about 5 minutes) but it didn't work, am therefore wondering if there is a problem with my phone/HTC One in general/Android version or HTC vs other makes...
Every manufacturer will likely be a little different and it may be different between models. For instance on my EVO 4g LTE I have to go into Settings then More then check off NFC AND tap Android Beam and make sure it is on. As long as both devices have NFC and Android Beam on it should work fine. I share content between my LTEvo and my Nexus 10 this way all the time and it works great. I am not familiar with how LG or Samsung turns on NFC and Android Beam but I would recommend your friends check out the support for their particular devices just to make sure everything is on. If everything is on and you still can't get it to work I would go into the store and have it checked out.
The Following User Says Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 17th, 2013)