View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wilkas

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Three UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
I will be travelling to London in early May with my new HTC One!! This will be a US ATT phone. I want to be able to use Google Maps on a network and surf the internet. What is the best way to get a Prepaid Microsim and who has the best network for data in Metropolitan London? Thanks.
The best for you would be three mobile, get the sim when you land and top it up with 15 then buy the all in one 15 add on, you'll be able to do it by phoning 444 from the handset. You will then get unlimited Data, 300mins and 3000 texts. The data will use the DC HSDPA network so will be really quick on your phone, I have had as much as 20mbps dl but usually around 14 & 5MBPS ul.

There are tons of free wireless places in London too

EDIT: You will probs be able to pick up the sim from the airport for a 1, if not then any highstreet with a three shop, phones4u or carphone warehouse should sell you one and do the top up. You wont be able to do the top up with your credit card as three has a weird security thing but you'll be able to buy one from most newsagents or the stores I previously mentioned.
Last edited by Wilkas; April 15th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wilkas For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (April 15th, 2013), marctronixx (April 15th, 2013)