View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Will have to wait 1-2 weeks before receiving a sample for review, but once I do - you will have a very detailed write up! Plus, I put together a little hardware setup to test the actual batter capacity. I have VA meter which calculates mAh, connects to external supply for keep the reading even when battery is discharged, and with input going to the battery source (I have it either with modified battery charger for a standard size battery or additional clips for extended battery) and output going to resistor load to simulates fast drain. Basically, I have a way to measure the exact mAh capacity of the battery. So far I have tested one so called "Gold" from eBay which claimed 4200 mAh and I found to be 2000 mAh. Someone else in XDA done the same test with 2 more ebay batteries claiming anywhere from 3100 mAh to 3800 mAh - and found those to be close to 2000 mAh as well. Sounds like a lot of ebay cheap stuff uses the same battery cells rated at 2000 mAh and they just put different labels on it...

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~