View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
toad6386

Device(s): HTC One, Stock (so far) HTC EVO 3D (semi-retired)
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownman View Post
I got a response from HTC to resolve the locations issue with the weather app.

I am just wondering if the tech savvy members of this forum know what this set of instructions is doing? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your email,
Please follow the below steps:
1-Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys for approximately 15 seconds.
2-The screen will turn off, and then after a few seconds, the bootloader will appear, at which point release the Power and Volume down keys.
3-Press the Volume down key once to highlight RECOVERY then press the power button
4-Wait until RED TRAINGLE appear on the screen
5-press and hold the volume up button and press and release the power button
6-REBOOT SYSTEM now appears highlighted , release the volume up and click on volume down until WIPE CASHE PARTITON is highlighted ,press the power button
7-when (CASHE WIPE COMPLETE) appear in yellow
8-Press the power button

Then perform the below action:
1.Please make sure you can access internet and enable the option of Google's location service (settings > location).
You're clearing the cache at root level. This is something easily done by rooted phones because of the access available, and is usually the FIRST troubleshooting step to many issues. You can compare it to powering off your computer, waiting a few seconds and turning back on versus a straight reboot.

HTC had you do that because they believed something in the cache was hosing the location services up, and I would wager that you might've had some GPS issues as well at the time (slow, etc).

So, did it work?
The Following User Says Thank You to toad6386 For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 17th, 2013)