View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #129 (permalink)
toolwarrior

Device(s): The ONE
Carrier: Sprint

Scoot... I gotta say, you are one of my primary motivations for wanting this phone. I appreciate your ongoing reports.

However.... I have to say that I was pretty disappointed when I went to Best Buy today to talk deals...... I had my mind set on the silver phone, but they had an all black one on display. That phone looks awesome. Nothing like what you see in pictures. As it has been said before, you have to hold this phone and see it in person to really appreciate it. Even though they had this huge lock mechanism on the back of the phone, I was still able to gain an appreciation for the feel of this phone.

So now the bad news. As you can imagine, I examined this phone very thoroughly. I did find a problem with the build quality. Sorry to all those that have been so ready for uber build quality. I found that the speaker grill was delaminating from the main body in the upper right hand corner. Sorry Best Buy, but I had to explore how bad the delamination was. I stuck my fingernail in the gap between the grill and main phone body and I was able to pry the grill up quite a bit - with just my fingernail. I was disappointed to say the least. I had horror flashbacks to my three delaminating EVO screens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toolwarrior For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 18th, 2013), Scootmien (April 19th, 2013)