View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,540 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcvideo View Post
My wife was on the phone all day yesterday with Sprint, and they were of course, no help! They had her do about 5 soft resets and 3 or 4 hard resets. Not very creative Sprint CS!?!

I tried disabling Handcent and then finally uninstalled it. Got several more duplicate texts, but within the last few hours, we've not. So maybe it was a service issue....?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
could be a carrier issue and could have been a handcent issue. I have read posts on other devices where people had issues with that app. I would keep it uninstalled for a day or so.

phone is new so there could be some growing pains here and there....give it a couple days and repost here if there is any change...

+1 On the suggestion from marctronixx.

Run the stock messaging app only & if the issue continues,save all of your messaging history & take your phone to a local SPRINT store.YMMV w/the results,however,nothing takes the place of an in-person experience/interaction & some course of action will have to occur before leaving the store.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 21st, 2013)