View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 07:36 AM   #145 (permalink)
Howlingdakota

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolwarrior View Post
Ok, so am I putting two and two together and sensing a pattern to this thread? Our brothers overseas seem to be getting days and days out of one charge, but here in the USA, folks are getting hours, not days. Is this an LTE thing? If I were to get the battery life of Scoot or Crafty, I would be lovin life!
I was getting the same amazing battery life as Scoot and Crafty and I'm also in the UK. However, I had to return my Silver HTC One 2 weeks ago due to BoomSound speakers making a weird 'popping' sound during video playback and my mics just going dead during calls and video recording.

Anyway, Phones4U eventually managed to change my device when they had stock and graciously gave me a black One as that was actually what I initially ordered but changed to the silver as black was delayed at the time. Immediately I've noticed that my once awesome battery life I had experienced on the silver has not been carried over onto the black.

I've had it for two weeks now and average on 13 hours with 2-3 hours screen time which is NOTHING compared to my previous 30+ hours with 8+ hours screen on time. This is concerning especially for the fact that my usage has dropped compared to how much I used the Silver. I was playing around on the Silver non stop as you can see in my previous battery screenshot posts, I was also streaming loads of video and using the camera very heavily as I had family over at the time and we were constantly going to events.

I have contacted Phones4U again describing my concerns but they want me to perform the HTC battery test using the HTC on phone diagnostics software. If anyone wants to do this you simply open your dialler and hit...
"*#*#3424#*#*" excluding the "" of course. Also bare in mind your battery has to be at least 70% I think, so I have to phone them back when my phones charged to that level.

Will post back when there's an update on the situation
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Howlingdakota For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (April 23rd, 2013), mpanju (June 23rd, 2013), toad6386 (April 23rd, 2013), toolwarrior (April 23rd, 2013)