Thread: Support MMS/SMS messaging issues
View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by schulzjt View Post
Can the HTC One do true group texting? When you send a text to mulitple people in one message, and when they all reply, the replies all stay within the message. My GS3 does not do this properly and all of the replies come in separate. I know there are different apps that supposedly do this, but I never got them to work 100% of the time. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidunited View Post
There is away to forward messages. Group texting? Perhaps a 3rd party app like SMS Pro.
Yup Group Messaging is built in and it works great. In the Stock Messaging settings you go to MMS and then turn on Group Messaging and enter your phone number for Group Messages. Then when you add more than one person to send a message to it converts it to an MMS. You also have a choice at the time of creation to send them as individual messages. When you receive a Group Message from an iPhone it keeps all the replies in the same thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 23rd, 2013), schulzjt (April 23rd, 2013), toad6386 (April 23rd, 2013)