View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Samcanadian

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Rogers

Default HTC One Compatibility with in-car Audio/Bluetooth/Hands Free

Hi All,

I know when I'm shopping for a new phone I always wonder if it will work/sync with the Handsfree functions in my car...but it seems like there's never much of a database for one to cross-reference phone brands with vehicle brands.

I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea for those who have synced an HTC One with a vehicle's Bluetooth Audio or USB Audio to make a note of their vehicle's Model Year and Trim Package in this thread so that it could be used for future buyers and for troubleshooting with others who might be having issues.

I have a 2012 Volvo C30 R-Design, and my phone synced flawlessly after the C30's blue-tooth setup promptings. The audio quality is fantastic, and I can very easily make calls/accept calls with the steering wheel controls just like I could with my last phone (A Blackberry Bold 9700).

I tried using the Bluetooth Audio and that worked as well, with crisp sound quality and steering-wheel capable controlling. The only thing was that I was limited to shuffling through the songs on my phone randomly and I couldn't access any folders or artists by name like I can with my iPod once it's plugged into the USB drive.

I'll try plugging the USB into the Phone later tonight and see how it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samcanadian For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 23rd, 2013)