View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
trparky

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

Send a message via AIM to trparky Send a message via MSN to trparky

Samsung is and probably will be the world's largest supplier of NAND flash memory chips for the foreseeable future.

Just recently Samsung really "hit it out of the ballpark" with their new Samsung 840 Series SSD drives which includes the 840 and 840 Pro series SSDs. Both of them are smash hits in the tech world and getting rave reviews. I can imagine that most of the NAND flash memory that Samsung produces goes towards the manufacturing of those SSDs and whatever is left over is "given" to the wireless division. I can't imagine Samsung wanting to gut the profits from the SSD market just to satisfy some Galaxy S4 customers. The SSD market is already huge and it's only going to get larger. So that means that Samsung is either going to have to step up in the fabrication of more NAND flash memory or one of two things is going to happen: the price of the flash memory is going to go up OR Samsung is going to continue to limit the amount of higher capacity smart phones.

So yeah, I do think that the theory that Beards posted about carries a lot of weight.
Last edited by trparky; April 23rd, 2013 at 05:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to trparky For This Useful Post:
Beards (April 23rd, 2013)