View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #109 (permalink)
BzB

Device(s): Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

i absolutely despise the "cloud" and keep as little information/data there as possible. the requirements (vague sla's that may reduce the privacy of your information) and limitations (connectivity and related costs) make it an unattractive alternative to on board sd storage for me. none of my pictures, videos, music, or docs are set up to sync to cloud services. the only thing i sync to the cloud is contacts and calendar information.

it's understood how some manufacturers are pushing it as an alternative to on board storage when they offer small capacities and no sd expansion. it's also very good for redundancy, back up and file sharing for those that don't want to think too much about it. that said, it doesn't seem carriers do a good job of explaining what the cloud means and the service providers don't readily expose the fine print. so from my perspective most consumers don't fully understand what they're getting into when the subscribe to cloud storage services. doesn't seem to stop manufacturers/carriers for leveraging it as an option to limited storage though.