Ok - that zip file is NOT a backup, it's not at all usable by regular people so far as I can see.
You'll need Android SDK components to install a recovery, get the mini-SDK here - http://androidforums.com/faqs/443072-adb-guide-updated-12-05-2011-a.html#post5389081
You want TWRP 2.5, get that here with instructions - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2173870
Pay particular note -
- Download or copy the TWRP recovery to the same place you downloaded the SDK goodies, that would be c:\sdk-tools if you followed my advice on Windows.
- Turn off fastboot in your phone settings
- Boot to hboot by powering down, then hold volume-down while powering up
- Select fastboot from there
- Yeah - fastboot means more than just one thing, dumb, I know
Then install the recovery image you downloaded.
Note again where their instructions say -
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
You'll want to replace
recovery.img with the actual_filename.img
that you downloaded.
And where the command says fastboot, see my Mini-SDK instructions on executing that command if you're on a Mac or Linux.